Guarantee and Returns
EU legal 2-year guarantee
- All Products supplied by alkaway.eu are covered by the EU legal 2-year guarantee against defects or if they do not look or work as advertised. Refer to the EU Consumer Guarantee for more information.
- The guarantee to the purchaser is that if the goods or services (or part of them) are defective, AlkaWay will without any charge:
- repair or replace goods (or part of them) or
- provide a full or partial refund if repair or replacement is not possible.
- The guarantee period starts from the date goods are received.
- To validate your guarantee please keep a copy of your Proof of Purchase (invoice). You will need it if a guarantee claim is made.
- To make a guarantee claim, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive return instructions including a Return Authority Number (RA#). We do not accept returns without an RA#.
14 day cooling-off period – Change of mind returns
- In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.
- In this case, the cost of return freight to the EU seller is the buyer’s responsibility.
- Goods must be returned unused and undamaged in original packaging.
- To return goods, you must contact us at email@example.com to receive return instructions including a Return Authority Number (RA#). We do not accept returns without an RA#.
Notes on the guarantee
- Our EU guarantee is limited to covering defects in materials and manufacture. It does not cover any defects judged by AlkaWay or AlkaWay Authorized Re-sellers to be the result of misuse, neglect, mishandling, incorrect installation or overdue filter replacement. It also does not cover damage caused by insect infestation, or by failure to prevent the build-up of calcium in hard water areas.
- If the UltraStream is to be installed undersink it must be done with a vented faucet. The guarantee and all claims are void if a vented faucet is not used according to instructions.
- Water replacement filters or cartridges are covered by the guarantee if broken during delivery or there is a manufacturer defect. However, they are consumables that must be replaced within the filter life period. We may ask to see a copy of the replacement cartridge invoices when making a claim.
- It is necessary that a water filter is replaced at least every 12 months or earlier as specified for the filter. (All water filters are dependent upon the quality of your source water, and will fail if excessive contaminants and sediment enter the filter).
- Source water conditions are beyond our control. In some cases, certain contaminants may block the filter. This may result, in extreme cases of the filter casing leaking. Warranty is void if untreated source water is put through the filter.
- Water filters should not be used on water that is microbiologically unsafe. If unsure please Contact Us.
- If you plan to use a water filter with well or bore water that is very hard or high in iron or sulfur levels, please Contact Us.
Disclaimer: The guarantee policy does not override statutory consumer rights in the customer’s country of residence.